Illegal drug is non-prescribed type of drug taken for non-medicinal reasons that affects physical and mental health of addicts. According to National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 19.9 million Americans use illegal drugs in a month. There were more than 208 million people consuming illegal drugs worldwide.
Illegal drug is non-prescribed type of drug taken for non-medicinal reasons that affects physical and mental health of addicts. According to National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 19.9 million Americans use illegal drugs in a month. There were more than 208 million people consuming illegal drugs worldwide. Change in life style attracts younger people to consume illicit drugs, which is a major driver for this market. There are 253,000 death occurred due to consumption of illicit drugs out of which 1.3% are of the age between 15-35 years in US. Increase in variety of drug consumption ceases the flexibility of drug testing devices. Increase in drug variety creates complexities in identifying drug level in drug testing devices, this stands as a major restraints for the market.
Governments are taking initiatives to help drug addicts. For example, US government has recently funded more than 60 inpatient and outpatient drug treatment centers across the country. The US government also opened a center in support with UNODC’s to develop protocol for treating opiate addicted children. According to UN, there is a need for $250 billion every year to treat drug abuse victims. This shows the potential for drug abuse testing market. This report gives intelligence about the application of drug testing in various types of illicit drugs, competitive landscape of key companies involved in drug testing devices, and market estimation based on current and future growth.
Key players in drug abuse industry include Biomedical Diagnostics, BioMerieux, Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad, Dako, DiaSorin, Eiken and Fujirebio, Beckman Coulter.
- The report provide strategic intelligence about key developmental plans adopted by top companies so that future market trends in drug abuse market is justified
- Market estimations derived in this report are based on primary and secondary data analysis that provides micro level intelligence of drug abuse market
- Key regulatory issues and reimbursement scenario is analyzed in this market to get intelligence about future market growth in drug abuse market
- Top investment pockets that generate more growth in terms of revenues are mentioned with info-graphic analysis
- Market analysis and intelligence of drug abuse market is performed according to end-users, equipments and geographic segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
GLOBAL MARKET, BY END USERS
- Schools and educational institutes
- Hospitals and healthcare units
- Government and private departments
GLOBAL MARKET, BY EQUIPMENTS
- Employment testing
- Random testing
- Reasonable testing
- Post accident testing
- Follow-up testing
GLOBAL MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Drug testing device manufacturing companies
- Tobacco and alcohol beverage manufacturing companies
- Government and private institutions
- Research based pharmaceutical companies