The medical implants market is driven by an increase in health needs of old age people, and advancement in medical technologies. According to the WHO, there are more than 1000 million old age people in the world, out of which 700 million are from developing countries.
Medical implants are artificial devices that are used to replace damaged or missing biological structures. The global revenue generated by medical device manufacturing companies is over $200 billion, and more than $85 billion is accounted to the U.S. based medical device companies. The medical implants market is driven by an increase in health needs of old age people, and advancement in medical technologies. According to the WHO, there are more than 1000 million old age people in the world, out of which 700 million are from developing countries. Increase in demand for reconstruction of joints, replacement of ophthalmic and dental market is expecting more growth in medical implant market. However, high cost of treatment and unavailability of expertise are decreasing the demand for medical implant market.
The global market for medical implants is facing problems because of uncertain reimbursement policies, influencing the importance of this market. The risk associated with genetics diseases after surgical implantation is creating hurdles for this market. This report gives intelligence about the current scenario of reimbursement policies according to geographies. The report also provides current trends of medical implants and expected growth of these trends.
The key market players included in company profiles are Johnson and Johnson, Novartis AG, Abbott Labs, Boston scientific corporation, Edwards Life-sciences Corporation, Tornier NV, Stryker Incorporated, Sorin spa, Smith and Nephew plc, Orthofix International NV
- Market estimation of applications, material types and geographic segments are derived from current market scenario and expected market trends.
- The report provides in-depth understanding of the market scenarios in various geographic regions so that key players can make plans to seek new opportunities in specific regions
- Impact analysis of top 10 factors to provide market situation to the key decision makers of the surgical equipment market
- Value chain analysis, Porter’s five forces, top investment pockets are analyzed and presented in detail that gives market intelligence and space for opportunities
- SWOT analysis and strategic developments included in the report for key market players to get better understanding of potential opportunities and challenges for companies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
GLOBAL MARKET, BY APPLICATIONS
- Orthopedic Implants
- Reconstructive joint replacement
- Spinal Implants
- Trauma implants
- Dental and other implants
- Cardiovascular Implants
- Cardiac stents and related implants
- Peripheral stents• Stent related implants
- Structured Cardiac implants
- Ophthalmic implants
- Drug implants
- Gynecological implants
- Cosmetic implants
- Urological implants
- Gastroenterological implants• Others
- North America
- Rest of the World
- Medical device manufacturing companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Research institutes
- Academic institute