The global market for central nervous system disease was accounted to approximately $78 billion in 2010. Neurovascular disease market is mainly driven by the increase in number of patients suffering from neurological diseases. According to University of California, San Francisco (USCF), there are approximately 600,000 people suffering from stroke, out of which 10% are recovered.
Neurovascular disease is a condition caused to nervous tissues vascular structure, neurons and blood vessels that leads to serious brain damages such as stroke, and cerebral hemorrhage. The global market for central nervous system disease was accounted to approximately $78 billion in 2010. Neurovascular disease market is mainly driven by the increase in number of patients suffering from neurological diseases. According to University of California, San Francisco (USCF), there are approximately 600,000 people suffering from stroke, out of which 10% are recovered. Almost 30% patients die due to stroke, and 60% of the patients remain disabled. The cost of care for these 60% patients accounted to approximately $8 billion. Cost of neurological disease treatment is lowering the growth for neurological disease. Companies are conducting clinical trials to commercialized cost effective therapies through mergers and acquisitions.
Medical device manufacturing companies are facing challenges in the form of commercialization in developing countries such as India, China, and Malaysia. However, increase in research on neurovascular therapies, and favorable government policies, would give the necessary push to the neurovascular market. This report gives intelligence about current market trends available and transition of these trends in future. Market intelligence of key patents granted by respective authorities is provided in this report.
The key companies included in this report are Medtronic, Stryker, Covidien (Ev3) , Johnson & Johnson (Micrus), Abbott Laboratories, Bayer AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardiatis, S.A., Chestnut Medical Technologies, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, ITGI Medical Ltd.
- Key developmental strategies adopted by top market players engaged in this business, so that companies involved in development of neurovascular device can get competitive intelligence of their competitors
- Market estimation for therapeutic devices and geographic segment is derived from current market scenario and expected market trends
- Market attractiveness analysis has been included for various product segments, therapeutics, devices and geographic regions with detailed analysis of factors responsible for rapid growth of the market segments
- In depth analysis of key market drivers, restraints and opportunities of non-invasive diagnostic market with impact analysis
- Value chain analysis, Porter’s five force model, top investment pockets (GE9 Cell Matrix) are analyzed and presented in detail in the report so that the decision makers receive clear picture of neurovascular disease treatment market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
GLOBAL MARKET, BY THERAPEUTICS
- Endovascular cerebral aneurysm
- Intracranial atherosclerotic disease
- Chronic ischemic stroke
- Acute ischemic stroke
GLOBAL MARKET, BY DEVICES
- Neurovascular liquid embolism
- Intracranial stents & flow diverting devices
- Neurovascular embolic coils
- Carotid stents & embolic protection devices
- Neurovascular thrombectomy devices
GLOBAL MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Medical device manufacturing companies
- Research based pharmaceutical companies
- Academic Institutes
- Government and Private research laboratoriese