The report analyzes the global baking powder market by using Porter’s five forces model. This model helps in understanding the various components of industry such as buyers, suppliers, new entrants and substitutes available. The bargaining power of buyers is high due to the presence of numerous suppliers in this market. Baking powder is a dry chemical leavening agent composed of carbonate, inert fillers and weak acid. It is generally used for increasing the volume of baked goods.
Baking powder is a dry chemical leavening agent composed of carbonate, inert fillers and weak acid. It is generally used for increasing the volume of baked goods. Certifications under PFO Act and BIS Act are necessary as quality control to ensure that the baking powder is fulfilling the specified conditions. The usage of Baking powder can be seen in restaurants, households and bakeries. The driving forces for this market include increasing inclination towards ready to eat food and adoption of healthy approach in bakery products. The factors limiting growth of this market include easy availability of its substitute, baking soda and some adverse effects caused by the use of baking powder. This market may find growth opportunities by innovative product differentiation.
GLOBAL BAKING POWDER PRODUCT TYPE MARKET ANALYSIS
On the basis of product types, this market can be classified into phosphate, anhydrous phosphate, sodium aluminum sulfate phosphate, tartrate, aluminum-free, phosphate-free and others. The commonly used baking powder includes phosphate, tartrate and anhydrous phosphate.
BAKING POWDER GEOGRAPHY MARKET ANALYSIS
On the basis of geography, this market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The rising urbanization and increasing influence of western lifestyle would increase the market for baking powder in Asia-Pacific countries, especially in India and China.
The major players in this market are Weikfield Products Private Limited, ACH Food Companies, Inc., Clabber Girl Corporation, Blue Bird and Calumet Baking Powder Company. The companies are focusing on product differentiation so as to increase their market share.
HIGH LEVEL ANALYSIS
The report analyzes the global baking powder market by using Porter’s five forces model. This model helps in understanding the various components of industry such as buyers, suppliers, new entrants and substitutes available. The bargaining power of buyers is high due to the presence of numerous suppliers in this market. There exists intense competition in this market due to increasing application of baking powder in ready to eat and bakery products. The threat of substitute is also very high in this market. The market dynamics are explained to give a better understanding of the market scenario.
- In this report, estimations are made by considering current trends and future market potential for the period 2014-2020
- The report explains the factors which would drive the market in coming years and also those factors which may limit the growth of this market
- The study highlights opportunities in developing countries for this market
- The industrial scenario is explained using Porter’s five forces model which would help in formulating new strategies
- Analysis of key market players and strategies adopted by them are dealt to give an insight on top contenders in the market
- Intelligence from key market segments through top investment pockets would help in providing strategic assistance to decision markers
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global baking powder market is segmented into product types and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Anhydrous phosphate
- Sodium aluminum sulfate phosphate
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America