Biopesticides are biologically based agents used to control plant pests, diseases and weeds. Biopesticides only target the desired crops, possess less toxicity, decompose quickly and are effective even in small quantities. The environmentally friendly biopesticides are an excellent alternative to conventional chemical pesticides.
Biopesticides are biologically based agents used to control plant pests, diseases and weeds. Biopesticides only target the desired crops, possess less toxicity, decompose quickly and are effective even in small quantities. The environmentally friendly biopesticides are an excellent alternative to conventional chemical pesticides. Growing environmental concerns and the health hazards inherent in the use of chemical pesticides have resulted in the increased adoption of biopesticides.
Moreover, given the eco-friendly nature of biopesticides, frontrunners in the agro chemicals industry are showing an inclination towards biopesticides. On the other hand, the low shelf life of the product is a major concern for producers and serves to hamper market growth. Nonetheless, rapid growth in bio-control seed treatment solutions is expected to spur the growth of the global biopesticides market in the forecast period.
The key players operating in the market are Agbitech Pty Limited, Andermatt Bio control Ag, Becker Underwood Inc., Agraquest Inc., Som Phytopharma Limited, Bayer Ag, Bioworks Inc., Certis Llc, Bioworks Inc. and Isagro Spa. The global biopesticides market is segmented on the basis of product type, active ingredients, crop type, application and geography. Based on product type, the market is further segmented into bioinsecticide, biofungicide, bionematicides, bioherbicides and other biopesticides. Based on active ingredients, the market is segmented into microbial and bio-rational. By crop type, the market is divided into permanent crops, arable crops and others.
In terms of application, the market is segmented into seed treatment application, on farm application and post harvest. Geographically, the market is segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global biopesticides market, including information about the current market situation, changing market dynamics, expected trends and market intelligence
- The factors which drive and impede the growth of the biopesticides market are comprehensively analyzed in this study
- Porter’s Five Force model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of buyers and sellers operating in the market
- The report contains a comprehensive study of the key strategies adopted by companies to gain traction in the market
- Micro level analysis is conducted based on vehicle type, fuel type and geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY TYPES
- Other Biopesticides
MARKET BY ACTIVE INGREDIENT
MARKET BY CROP TYPE
- Permanent Crops
- Arable Crops
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Seed Treatment Application
- On Farm Application
- Post Harvest
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific