The Breath Analyzer is a device used to track the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) in an individual, through a breath sample. The test performed depends upon the relationship between alcohol in the blood or in the breath flowing through the lungs.
The Breath Analyzer is a device used to track the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) in an individual, through a breath sample. The test performed depends upon the relationship between alcohol in the blood or in the breath flowing through the lungs. Increasing trend for extreme alcohol consumption resulting into a road accidents; has increased the usage of breathalyzer devices. Favorable government initiatives are also driving the market growth.
Breathalyzer devices are also gaining importance due to the increasing demand at work place for effective BAC (blood alcohol content) level and its non-invasive nature which is increasing the demand for breath analyzer devices. It is an essential tool for monitoring drugs, alcohol, tuberculosis, asthma and other diseases hence; it is projected that the demand for this system should constantly rise. However, imprecise analysis can cause incorrect diagnosis which is the major restraint of the market. Arrival of dual sensor technology and focus on emerging markets are the key opportunities to drive this market.
The global Breath Analyzer market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and geography. On the basis of technology, the global breathalyzer devices market is further segmented into semiconductor sensor, fuel cell and Infrared Adsorption. Furthermore, breath analyzers market can be segmented on the basis of application into Drug Abuse Detection, Asthma detection, Alcohol detection, H. pylori Infection detection and tuberculosis detection. The alcohol detection segment has the largest market share due to increasing incidences of road accidents and excessive alcohol consumption. Geographically, the market is segmented into various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
North America accounted for the largest market share followed by Europe. The growth in this region is mainly due to factors such as favorable government initiatives, rising awareness and increasing demand for alcohol testing devices to lower the risk of accidents caused by alcohol consumption. Although, developed countries are dominating the breath analyzer market, the Asia-Pacific region will have the highest growing market due to rise in disposable incomes, increasing number of vehicles, and the occurrence rate of accidents caused due to alcohol consumption.
Partnerships and collaborations are the key strategies adopted by the industry players to increase their market growth. The key companies profiled in this report are Quest Products, Inc., Mpd, Inc., Pas Systems International, Lifeloc Technologies, Inc., Ekips Technologies, Inc, Intoximeters, Inc., Dragerwerk Ag & Co. Kgaa, Alcohol Countermeasure Systems (International), Inc., Alcolizer Pty. Ltd., and Akers Biosciencs, inc.
- This report provides an Extensive analysis of the factors that drive and limit the growth of the market are provided
- This report chiefly emphasizes on the regulatory scenario as the breathalyzer is influenced the government regulations and approvals
- In-depth analysis of various geographies would impart an understanding of the trends in various regions for better decision making
- Deep dive analysis of segments such as technologies and applications provide insights that would allow companies to gain a competitive edge
- Competitive landscape, includes the market shares of global leaders within the breath analyzers market with key strategies adopted by them to achieve high monetary value
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and the market potential for the period of 2014-2021, in terms of value
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global breath analyzer market and should assist market strategists in making informed decisions
The market is segmented into technologies, applications and geographies as follows:
Market By Technologies
- Semiconductor Sensor
- Fuel Cell
- Infrared Adsorption
Market By Application
- Drug Abuse Detection
- Alcohol Detection
- Asthma Detection
- H.pylori Infection Detection
- Tuberculosis Detection
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific