Cellulosic ethanol is a second generation biofuel produced from lignocellulosic feedstocks, such as agricultural & forest residue, mixed biomass, energy crops and municipal solid waste. Cellulosic ethanol has evolved as a promising alternative to corn-based ethanol. The biggest advantage of cellulosic ethanol is that it is produced from non-food crops and waste biomass.
Cellulosic ethanol is a second generation biofuel produced from lignocellulosic feedstocks, such as agricultural & forest residue, mixed biomass, energy crops and municipal solid waste. Cellulosic ethanol has evolved as a promising alternative to corn-based ethanol. The biggest advantage of cellulosic ethanol is that it is produced from non-food crops and waste biomass. Therefore, it does not hamper food security and biodiversity unlike conventional biofuels. Moreover, this fuel is eco-friendly and renders better energy efficiency over the conventional biofuel.
Favourable government regulations and policies of United States and European Union are also driving the cellulosic ethanol market. However, the market is yet to witness a significant growth rate due to the high initial capital and production complexities of cellulosic ethanol. These factors could be redeemed with the technological advancements in large scale production. Therefore, research institutes and the big corporate houses are spending millions of dollars for research and development.
The global cellulosic ethanol market is segmented on the basis of feedstock and geography. In terms of feedstock, the market is segmented into agricultural residue, forest residue, energy crops, municipal solid waste (MSW) and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
The key players of the market are Abengoa Bioenergy, DuPont Industrial Biosciences, Beta Renewables, Mascoma, Novozymes, POET-DSM, British Petroleum, Inbicon GranBio, and INEOS Bio. These companies are adopting expansion as one of the key strategies to penetrate into the global market. For instance, GranBio has established a cellulosic ethanol demonstration facility at Brazil with a production capacity of 21.6 Million Gallon per year (MGY).
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global cellulosic ethanol market, including information about the current market situation, changing market dynamics, expected trends and market intelligence
- The factors which drive and impede the growth of the global cellulosic ethanol market, are comprehensively analyzed in this study.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porter’s Five Force model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of buyers and sellers operating in the market
- The report contains a comprehensive study of the key strategies adopted by companies to gain traction in the market
- Micro level analysis is conducted based on the availability of various feedstock and regions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global cellulosic ethanol market is segmented based on the types of feedstocks used and geography.
MARKET BY FEEDSTOCKS
- Agricultural Residue
- Forest Residue
- Energy Crops
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific