The disabled and elderly assistive devices include all means that could be utilized by the population who are not self-dependent. These devices greatly help the needy in listening, reading, moving and conducting other day to day activities of life.Moreover, they require support of different devices and equipments to perform all necessary things of life.
The disabled and elderly assistive devices include all means that could be utilized by the population who are not self-dependent. These devices greatly help the needy in listening, reading, moving and conducting other day to day activities of life. Moreover, they require support of different devices and equipments to perform all necessary things of life. These devices help both disabled and elderly patients, making their life comfortable, easy and independent. Growing incidences of disabled and geriatric population contributes to the growth of this market. Additionally, it is forecast that global elderly population will reach to 2000 million by 2050.
Growing government initiatives and its support to ensure the accessibility of these devices for the large needy population as well as subsidies and grants provided by various private bodies would support for the growth of this market. However, high product pricing and low level of acceptance for few products hinders the growth of this market.
The key companies profiled in this report are Sunrise Medical LLC, Sonova Holding AG, Ai Squared, Blue Chip Medical Products, Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Inc., GN Resound Group, Permobil AB, Wintriss Engineering Corporation, Siemens Healthcare, Invacare Corporation and others. Technological advancement is the key strategy adopted by the companies.
The global elderly and disabled assistive devices market is segmented by product type and geography. Based on products, the market is segmented into medical furniture & bathroom safety products and medical ambulatory & mobility aids devices. Medical ambulatory and mobility aids devices market has shown the highest growth rate due to rising incidences of limb immobility and geriatric population. The geography market is segmented into various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. North America has the largest market share due to the high disposable income and beneficial reimbursement scenario. The Asia-Pacific region witnesses the highest CAGR due to the rising support of the governments and increasing incidences of geriatric population.
- The analysis provides a wider view of the factors driving and limiting the growth of the market including market trends, market structure and others
- Deep dive analysis of segments such as product types and geographies provide insights that would allow companies to gain competitive edge
- In-depth analysis of the types of products used in the elderly and disabled assistive devices market would help in identifying the future applications in this market
- The analysis assists in understanding the strategies adopted by the companies for the growth of this market
The market is segmented into types and geographies as follows:
MEDICAL FURNITURE AND BATHROOM SAFETY PRODUCTS:
- Hearing Aids
- BTE (Behind-the-ear) Aids
- RITE (Receiver-in-the-Ear) Aids
- ITE (In-the–Ear) Aids
- BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aids)
- Canal Hearing Aids
- Cochlear Implants
- Reading and Vision Aids
- Braille Translators
- Video Magnifiers
- Reading Machines
- Others (Kitchen and Books Appliances)
- Medical Beds
- Ostomy Products
- Commodes and Showers Chairs
- Bars and Railings
- Others (Pool Lift sand Bath lifts)
MEDICAL AMBULATORY AND MOBILITY AIDS DEVICES:
- Mobility Scooters
- Cranes and Crutches
- Door Openers
- Walkers and Rollators
- Transfer Lifts
- Others (Pillow, Cushions and Back Support)
- North America
- Asia Pacific