The global EEG and EMG market is growing at a fast pace by dint of the aging population and the ensuing burden of critical diseases such as Parkinson’s and Epilepsy, where neurological monitoring for disease progression is critical for effective treatment. One of the prime driving factors towards this growth is the increased demand for digitized EEG and EMG systems.
Electroencephalography (EEG) and an electromyography (EMG) are diagnostic techniques used to measure the electrical activity in human body. An EEG measures electrical activity in the human brain while an EMG measures electrical activity in the muscles. Both of these diagnostic tests are performed using equipment that detects the electrical potential generated by brain or muscle cells. EEG is largely used to diagnose epilepsy, sleep disorders, encephalopathies, brain death, and coma. Whereas, EMG is advised for the diagnosis of nerve compressions or injuries, such as nerve root injury, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other disorders of the muscles or nerves.
The global EEG and EMG market is growing at a fast pace by dint of the aging population and the ensuing burden of critical diseases such as Parkinson’s and Epilepsy, where neurological monitoring for disease progression is critical for effective treatment. One of the prime driving factors towards this growth is the increased demand for digitized EEG and EMG systems. Ongoing research activities in the area of cerebral and spinal disorders have also added to the popularity of EEG and EMG equipment market.
The global EEG and EMG market is segmented on the basis of application, primary components and geography. The application segment is further categorized into Routine EEG, Sleep EEG, Ambulatory EEG and Video telemetry for EEG whereas Needle EMG, Nerve conduction studies and Evoked potentials are segmentation for EMG market. On the basis of primary components, the EEG and EMG equipment market is segmented into Electrodes, Amplifiers, Photic flash and Computer and Software. The EEG recording electrodes and their proper functioning are critical for acquiring appropriately high quality data for interpretations and references.
Based on geography, the global EEG and EMG market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Although North America and Europe occupy a majority of the global EEG and EMG equipment market, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the most lucrative region, owing to a considerable increase in the number of specialized neuro-care centers, hospitals/ clinics and monitoring practices.
- In-depth coverage of the global EEG and EMG market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and the market potential for the period of 2014-2021, in terms of value
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global EEG and EMG market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global EEG and EMG market and would assist market strategists in making decisions.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth, within the global EEG and EMG market
- Identification of key investment pockets for EEG and EMG market provide strategic assistance to decision makers
- An analysis of the market potential is conducted for various product segments, testing procedures, end users and geographic regions, along with a detailed examination of factors responsible for the rapid growth of market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global EEG and EMG market is segmented into three major categories: application, primary components and geography.
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Routine EEG
- Sleep EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Video telemetry
- Needle EMG
- Nerve conduction studies
- Evoked potentials
MARKET BY PRIMARY COMPONENTS
- Disposable (gel-less, and pre-gelled types)
- Reusable disc electrodes (gold, silver, stainless steel or tin)
- Headbands and electrode caps
- Saline-based electrodes
- Needle based electrodes.
- Photic flash
- Computer and software
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America