emulsion polymer market is driven by the factors such as increase in pain and coating market, rapid rise in paper and paperboards markets. Government regulations regarding environmental protection is also contributing to the growth of the market. The major factor that is hampering the market is high price of raw materials. Raised awareness about the bio-based emulsion polymers and increased practice of using waterborne acrylic dispersion for anticorrosive coatings are expected to create lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Emulsion polymer is a type of polymer that is obtained through emulsion of surfactants, monomer and water. The most common type of Emulsion Polymers are oil-in-water emulsion. Emulsion polymers have a high molecular weight that results in fast polymerization. Emulsion polymers are green products that lead to eco-friendly techniques of painting, coating, etc.
The growth of the emulsion polymer market is driven by the factors such as increase in pain and coating market, rapid rise in paper and paperboards markets. Government regulations regarding environmental protection is also contributing to the growth of the market. The major factor that is hampering the market is high price of raw materials. Raised awareness about the bio-based emulsion polymers and increased practice of using waterborne acrylic dispersion for anticorrosive coatings are expected to create lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Emulsion Polymer Analysis by Product
Emulsion polymer product market is segmented into vinyl acetate polymers, styrene- butadiene latex, acrylics and others. Vinyl acetate polymers is the largest revenue generating segment due to its wide range of application in coating, paintings, paper & paperboard, adhesive and sealants.
Emulsion Polymer Analysis by Application
Emulsion polymer application market is segmented into adhesives, paper & paperboard coatings, paintings & coatings and others. Adhesives are the largest revenue generating segment due to soaring industrial demand for vinyl emulsion based adhesives.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Emulsion polymer market are product launch, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would help in gaining competitive advantages and expansion of the market. The companies profiled in this report are Wacker Chemie, Synthomer, Styron, Omnova Solution, DIC Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Asahi Kasei and Celanese.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the Emulsion polymer market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of Emulsion polymer. Moreover, brand loyalty is insignificant due to which intensity of rivalry is high. The threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products. In addition, threat of new entrants is high due to low investment.
- Analysis of the Emulsion polymer on the basis of various segments is expounded in the report, and segmental analysis is done to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- Recognition of various regulations that result in lack of differential products. In addition, segmental analysis would help to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- Identification of various factors that are enhancing and restraining the growth of the market that would help the players in deeply understanding the market
- Analysis of environmental factors that would create opportunities for the growth of the market
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market are conducted, which would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report; thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- Understanding the recent trends of the Emulsion polymer and opportunities that would open doors for the investors to participate in the market, which in turn would help in the enlargement and expansion of market
Emulsion polymer is segmented based on product, applications and geographies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY PRODUCT
- Vinyl Acetate Polymers
- Styrene- Butadiene Latex
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Paper & Paperboard Coatings
- Paintings & Coatings
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific