Metabolomics is the study of chemical processes which involve metabolites. Metabolites are small molecules present in the blood, tissues and urine. Metabolomics pertains to the study of the unique chemical fingerprints left behind by cellular processes. These metabolite fingerprints could be used to learn about the health of an organism. It is an upcoming technology in the field of analytical biochemistry.
Metabolomics is the study of chemical processes which involve metabolites. Metabolites are small molecules present in the blood, tissues and urine. Metabolomics pertains to the study of the unique chemical fingerprints left behind by cellular processes. These metabolite fingerprints could be used to learn about the health of an organism. It is an upcoming technology in the field of analytical biochemistry. Metabolomics has become an experimental technique that can be applied in medicine, biology and environmental science.
The incorporation of computers has enabled the creation of computational metabolomics that has application in life sciences. Metabolics finds application in other areas as well; for instance, it is used to identify the quality, taste and nutritional value of food in the food science field.
The metabolomics market is segmented based on its application in different fields such as biomarkers discovery, drug discovery, toxicology testing, nutrigenomics, clinical studies etc. The drug discovery segment holds the dominant share in the metabolomics market due to its crucial role in drug target identification & validation and optimization & prioritization of diagnostic approaches for oncology research. The metabolomics market is expected to grow at a rapid rate due to the rise in the number of pre clinical & clinical trials, advancements in toxicological studies and growing awareness about nutritional products.
The stellar growth of data analysis software & solutions in metabolomics and its use in the biomarker screening of diseases would fuel the growth of the metabolomics market. The metabolomics market is also segmented based on techniques into gas chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ultra performance liquid chromatography, and capillary electrophoresis. HPLC holds the dominant share in the metabolomics market.
- In-depth analysis of various regions would enable a clear understanding of current and future trends so that companies can make region specific plans.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the metabolomics market is provided.
- Key regulatory guidelines in various regions which impact the metabolomics market are critically examined.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the metabolomics market.
- Deep dive analysis of various regions provides insights that would enable companies to plan their business moves strategically.
- Value chain analysis in the report enables a clear understanding of the roles of the stakeholders involved in the supply chain of the metabolomics market.
The metabolomics market is segmented based on techniques, applications, indication and geography
Market By Techniques
- Separation Method
- Gas Chromatography
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Detection Methods
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Mass Spectrometry
- Surface Base Mass Analysis
Market By Application
- Biomarkers Discovery
- Drug Discovery
- Toxicology Testing
- Clinical & Preclinical Studies
Market By Indications
Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific