Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory disease of nervous system, which is also referred as disseminated sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis is progressed with disruption spinal cord and brain nerve cells, which results in loss of ability of the parts of the nervous system to communicate including various other mental, physical and psychiatric problems.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory disease of nervous system, which is also referred as disseminated sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis is progressed with disruption spinal cord and brain nerve cells, which results in loss of ability of the parts of the nervous system to communicate including various other mental, physical and psychiatric problems. Primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) is the type of multiple sclerosis in which neurological functions are steadily deteriorated with minimal distinct relapses (exacerbations and attacks) or the fixed period remissions.
The progression rates of PPMS may vary from person to person and over the timeframes, which may show the signs of transitory improvements, however, the progression of disease remains persistent. Currently, PPMS market is facing lucrative growth owing to the rising incidences of multiple sclerosis worldwide. Increasing patients’ base may promote the future growth of this market.
Presently, various types of relapsing multiple sclerosis are gradually affecting the large number of populations worldwide, e.g., secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis, relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis, primary progressive multiple sclerosis, and progressive relapsing multiple sclerosis. According to multiple sclerosis web portal (by Health Union, United States), more than 2.5 million people are affected by multiple sclerosis globally. Among all types of multiple sclerosis, 10–15% patients suffer from PPMS. It is difficult to treat as well as diagnose these patients. Hence, elevated demand for the advanced therapeutic treatment will fuel the growth of PPMS market.
Geographically, North America and Europe would be the lucrative segment for the growth of this market owing to the high prevalence rates of multiple sclerosis and rising demands for therapeutic medications for the effective treatment of PPMS in these regions. According to multiple sclerosis portal, ~500,000 people are affected with multiple sclerosis in Europe and ~400,000 affected population is present in the United States.
- The analysis made in this report helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for gaining market share in PPMS market.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2021 that assists in identifying the prevailing Market – Opportunities to capitalize on
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the PPMS market.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global PPMS market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global PPMS market and would assist market strategists in making decisions.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the PPMS market.
- Identification of key investment pockets for PPMS market provide strategic assistance to decision makers.
- An analysis for the market potential/attractiveness has been included in this report covering various product segments, therapeutics, devices and geographic regions along with a detailed analysis of factors responsible for the rapid growth of the market segments.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The market is segmented based on the types of treatment, location of testing, and by the geography.
PRIMARY PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS MARKET BY TYPE OF DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans
- Simple electrical stimulation tests
- Lumbar puncture
PRIMARY PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS MARKET BY LOCATION OF TREATMENT
- Hospital testing
- Commercial/private hospitals
- Public health hospitals
- Symptomatic diagnostic testing with medications
- Home Treatment
- Managing symptoms
- Healthy living
PRIMARY PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America