As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the global 5G mmWave Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 15.05% from 2023 to 2032. In 2022, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 2.79 Billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 7.79 Billion.
5G mmWave Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Demand for High-Speed Connectivity: The increasing demand for high-speed internet connectivity, driven by applications such as 4K/8K video streaming, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and cloud gaming, has been a significant driver for 5G mmWave technology. Consumers and businesses are seeking faster and more reliable connections.
- Urban and Dense Urban Deployment: 5G mmWave’s limited coverage range and high data capacity make it suitable for deployment in urban and densely populated areas. Telecom operators have focused on rolling out mmWave networks in cities to meet the data demands of urban users.
- Emerging Use Cases: Beyond enhanced mobile broadband, 5G mmWave enables various emerging use cases, including fixed wireless access (FWA), smart cities, industrial automation (Industry 4.0), and IoT applications. These use cases drive investments in mmWave technology.
- Network Densification: Network operators are investing in network densification, deploying a higher density of small cells and base stations to extend mmWave coverage and improve capacity in urban areas. This involves partnerships with infrastructure providers.
- Device Ecosystem: The availability of 5G mmWave-compatible devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and IoT devices, is critical for the adoption of mmWave technology. The device ecosystem has been expanding gradually.
- Spectrum Allocation: Governments and regulatory authorities play a crucial role in spectrum allocation for mmWave frequencies. The release of mmWave spectrum bands for commercial use is necessary for network deployments.
- Competition Among Network Operators: Intense competition among telecom operators drives investment in 5G technology, including mmWave. Operators aim to differentiate themselves by offering faster and more reliable mmWave-based services.
- Global Standards: Standardization efforts by organizations like 3GPP ensure interoperability and compatibility between different vendors’ equipment and devices. This standardization fosters a healthy competitive landscape.
- Security and Privacy Concerns: As 5G networks, including mmWave, become more critical to various industries, addressing security and privacy concerns becomes paramount. Ensuring the security of mmWave networks and user data is a dynamic challenge.
- Evolving Business Models: Telecom operators are exploring various business models for monetizing 5G mmWave networks. These models include data plans, enterprise services, partnerships, and industry-specific applications.
- Environmental Considerations: The environmental impact of deploying additional infrastructure, such as small cells and base stations, is a growing concern. Operators are working to minimize energy consumption and environmental footprint.
- Global Economic Factors: Economic factors, including recessions, government incentives, and subsidies, can influence the pace of 5G mmWave deployments. Economic stability can impact the willingness to invest in costly infrastructure.
- Public Perception: Public perception and awareness of 5G mmWave technology, including health concerns and misinformation, can influence regulatory decisions and public support for network deployments.
- Competing 5G Bands: 5G mmWave is just one part of the 5G spectrum landscape. Sub-6 GHz bands offer broader coverage, and the competition between different frequency bands and technologies can affect the adoption of mmWave.
|Feature of the Report||Details|
|Market Size in 2023||USD 3.29 Billion|
|Projected Market Size in 2032||USD 7.79 Billion|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 2.79 Billion|
|CAGR Growth Rate||15.05% CAGR|
|Key Segment||By Components, Product, Frequency Band and Region|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America|
|Buying Options||Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.|
5G mmWave Market: COVID-19 Analysis
- Temporary Delays in Rollouts: The pandemic led to temporary delays in the deployment of 5G mmWave networks in some regions. Lockdowns, supply chain disruptions, and restrictions on workforces affected the construction and installation of network infrastructure.
- Shift in Network Traffic Patterns: With lockdowns and stay-at-home orders, there was a shift in network traffic patterns. While mobile data usage surged, the nature of the traffic changed. More people use their home broadband connections for work and entertainment, leading to increased demand for fixed wireless access (FWA) solutions, which 5G mmWave can support.
- Accelerated Digital Transformation: The pandemic accelerated digital transformation efforts across industries. Businesses and organizations increasingly adopted remote work, cloud services, and IoT applications, driving interest in 5G mmWave for low-latency, high-bandwidth connectivity.
- Remote Education and Healthcare: Remote education and telehealth became critical during the pandemic. 5G mmWave’s ability to support high-quality video conferencing and remote monitoring solutions made it more relevant for these sectors.
- Supply Chain Disruptions: The pandemic disrupted global supply chains, impacting the availability of network equipment and devices. Some components needed for 5G mmWave infrastructure faced shortages, affecting rollout schedules.
- Consumer Device Adoption: The pandemic highlighted the importance of reliable internet connectivity for remote work and online activities. This, in turn, drove consumer interest in 5G smartphones and other devices, including those compatible with mmWave.
- Increased Data Usage: Stay-at-home measures and remote work fueled an increase in data usage, including for bandwidth-intensive applications. 5G mmWave’s ability to provide high-speed, low-latency connections became more critical as a result.
List of the prominent players in the 5G mmWave Market:
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Intel Corporation
- AT&T Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- ZTE Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- NEC Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Qorvo Inc.
- Anokiwave Inc
The 5G mmWave Market is segmented as follows:
- Antennas & transceiver components
- Frequency sources & related
- Communication & networking components
- Imaging components
- Sensors & controls
- Interface components
- Scanning systems
- Radar and satellite communication systems
- Telecommunication equipment
By Frequency Band
- 24–57 GHz
- 57–95 GHz
- 95–300 GHz
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America