As per the current market research conducted by Custom Market Insight Market Research Team, the global bread market size is expected to record a CAGR of 3.66 % from 2023 to 2030. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of US$ 227.41 Billion. By 2030, the valuation is anticipated to reach US$ 291.29 Billion.
According to the CMI Research Team, Across all food and beverage categories, including packaged bread, consumers are showing an increasing focus on health and wellness factors. As they become more health-conscious, consumers are scrutinizing the ingredients and nutritional content of the products they consume. This trend is driving the demand for healthier bread options.
Browse the full “Bread Market Size, Trends and Insights By Product Type (Bread & Buns, Cakes & Pastries), By Category (Conventional, Gluten-free), By Distributional channel (Supermarket & Hypermarket, Bakery, Online), and By Region – Global Industry Overview, Statistical Data, Competitive Analysis, Share, Outlook, and Forecast 2023–2032” report at https://www.custommarketinsights.com/report/bread-market/
The North America Bread Market:
The bread market in North America is expected to experience significant growth over the forecast period, driven by several key factors:
- Consumers in North America are increasingly seeking healthier and more nutritious bread options, leading to a rise in demand for whole-grain, gluten-free, and low-carb bread. This trend is driving manufacturers to develop innovative and healthier bread products to meet the evolving preferences of consumers.
- The demand for convenient and portable food options is driving the growth of the bread market in North America. Consumers are looking for bread products that are easy to grab and go and can be consumed on the move.
- Despite the increasing popularity of low-carb diets, bread remains a staple food in North American households. The growing population and rising incomes are driving the consumption of bread, leading to an increase in demand for bread products.
- The bread industry is experiencing rapid technological advancements, leading to improved production processes, product quality, and shelf life. This is allowing manufacturers to produce bread products that meet consumer demands while improving efficiency and profitability.
- The demand for specialty bread, such as artisanal, organic, and sourdough bread, is increasing in North America. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for these specialty bread products, leading to an increase in sales and revenue for manufacturers.
|Feature of the Report||Details|
|Market Size in 2023||USD 227.41 Billion|
|Projected Market Size in 2030||USD 291.29 Billion|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 218.28 Billion|
|CAGR Growth Rate||3.66% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Key Segment||By Product Type, Category, Distributional channel, and Region|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America|
|Buying Options||Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.|
The European Bread Market:
The bread market in Europe is expected to grow over the forecast period, driven by several key factors:
Traditional Bread Consumption:
Bread is a staple food in many European countries, and traditional bread like baguettes, sourdough, and rye bread remain popular among consumers. This traditional bread consumption is driving the growth of the bread market in Europe.
Rise of Artisanal Breads:
The artisanal bread segment is growing in Europe due to the demand for more natural, organic, and locally sourced bread products. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for artisanal bread, which is driving the growth of this segment in the market.
Changing Retail Landscape:
The retail landscape in Europe is changing, with the growth of discount stores and the increase in online shopping. This is leading to changes in the way bread products are marketed and distributed, creating new opportunities for growth in the market.
- Maple Leaf Foods
- George Weston
- Hostess Brands
- Fuji Baking Group
- Angel Bakeries
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)
- Canada Bread
- Brace’s Bakery
- Finsbury Food Group
- Grupo Bimbo
- Associated British Foods
- Panera Bread
- Yamazaki Baking
- Bakers Delight
- Flowers Foods
The global Bread market is segmented as follows:
By Product Type
- Bread & Buns
- Cakes & Pastries
By Distributional channel
- Supermarket & Hypermarket
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America