As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the global Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 2.8% from 2023 to 2032. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 1,300.6 Million. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 1,667.6 Million.
Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Expansion of Unconventional Oil and Gas Exploration: The expansion of unconventional oil and gas exploration, including shale and tight oil projects, contributes to the demand for flexible pipes. These projects often involve complex and changing reservoir conditions, where flexible pipes provide adaptability and efficient hydrocarbon transport solutions.
- Rising Offshore Exploration and Production: The growth of flexible pipes in the oil and gas market is driven by increased offshore exploration and production activities. Flexible pipes are essential for transporting hydrocarbons in challenging offshore environments, providing flexibility and durability.
- Technological Advancements: Ongoing technological advancements in flexible pipe materials and manufacturing processes contribute to market growth. Innovations in materials, such as thermoplastics and composites, enhance the durability and performance of flexible pipes in demanding oil and gas applications.
- Focus on Cost-Efficiency and Operational Flexibility: Flexible pipes offer cost-efficiency and operational flexibility compared to traditional rigid pipes. Their ability to adapt to the dynamic conditions of offshore fields, including seabed movement, reduces installation costs and operational risks, driving market adoption.
- Increased Demand for Deepwater and Ultra-Deepwater Projects: The growing demand for oil and gas from deepwater and ultra-deepwater projects necessitates reliable and flexible infrastructure. Flexible pipes play a crucial role in these projects, supporting the development of new reserves in challenging marine environments.
- Environmental and Safety Considerations: The focus on environmental sustainability and safety in the oil and gas industry contributes to the adoption of flexible pipes. Their ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions, resist corrosion, and offer ease of installation aligns with industry standards for safety and environmental responsibility.
- Market Growth in Emerging Economies: Flexible pipes for the oil and gas sector experience significant growth in emerging economies. As these regions increase their energy production capacities, the adoption of flexible pipes becomes crucial for efficient and cost-effective transportation of hydrocarbons in diverse geological and environmental conditions.
- Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations: Collaborations between flexible pipe manufacturers and oil and gas companies may accelerate post-COVID-19. These partnerships can help streamline supply chains, improve project planning, and ensure the availability of flexible pipes to meet the renewed demand from recovering oil and gas projects.
Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2020, The National Hydrocarbons Commission, Mexico’s independent oil regulator, approved Shell’s deepwater oil exploration plans for five areas. Shell commits to investing a minimum of $397 million in these projects over the next four years, marking a significant step in advancing deepwater oil exploration in Mexico.
- In 2020, Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), introduced innovative technology and an underwater development approach aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing costs in offshore oil and natural gas projects. The modular and responsive system, comprising pumps, flexible pipes, and manifolds, can potentially cut the total cost of ownership by up to 50%.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 1,300.6 Million
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 1,667.6 Million
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 1,265.2 Million
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Type, Application, Material, Function, End-Use Industry and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Disruptions in Supply Chain: The oil and gas industry, including the production of flexible pipes, experienced disruptions in the global supply chain during the COVID-19 pandemic. Delays in the delivery of materials and components affected manufacturing timelines and project schedules.
- Reduced Capital Expenditure: The economic downturn during the pandemic led to a reduction in capital expenditure by oil and gas companies. Many projects were delayed or put on hold, impacting the demand for flexible pipes in new exploration and production activities.
- Shift in Energy Demand: The overall decline in energy demand during lockdowns and travel restrictions affected the need for new infrastructure, including flexible pipes. Reduced exploration and production activities contributed to a temporary slowdown in the market.
- Resumption of Delayed Projects: As economic activities gradually resume, delayed oil and gas projects are expected to restart, driving the demand for flexible pipes. Governments’ stimulus packages and recovery plans may incentivize infrastructure projects, positively impacting the flexible pipe market.
- Technology Innovation for Efficiency: The recovery phase sees increased emphasis on technological innovation. Manufacturers may invest in research and development to enhance the efficiency, durability, and cost-effectiveness of flexible pipes, meeting the evolving needs of the recovering oil and gas sector.
- Diversification of Product Offerings: Companies in the flexible pipes market may diversify their product offerings to cater to changing market demands. This could include the development of specialized pipes for emerging trends, such as the growing demand for renewable energy projects and applications in the energy transition.
- Government Initiatives and Investments: Stimulus packages and government initiatives to revitalize the economy may include investments in critical infrastructure projects, benefiting the oil and gas sector. Flexible pipes, being essential components of such projects, are likely to witness increased demand as governments focus on economic recovery.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market:
- TechnipFMC plc
- National Oilwell Varco Inc.
- Prysmian Group
- Airborne Oil & Gas B.V.
- Magma Global Ltd.
- Shawcor Ltd.
- ContiTech AG
- Soluforce, a Pipelife company
- Baker Hughes Company
- Saipem S.p.A.
- FlexSteel Pipeline Technologies Inc.
- DeepFlex Inc.
- Flexpipe Systems
- Ge Oil & Gas
- Wellstream Holdings AS
The Flexible Pipes for Oil and Gas Market is segmented as follows:
- Injection Lines
- Water Injection
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
By End-Use Industry
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America