As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the global Hyperlocal Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 11.5% from 2023 to 2032. In 2022, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 2.1 Trillion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 6.4 Trillion.
Hyperlocal Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Increased Demand for Convenience: In our fast-paced world, consumers increasingly prioritize convenience. Hyperlocal businesses cater to this demand by offering quick and easily accessible solutions, such as on-demand services, grocery delivery, and neighbourhood-based retail, resonating with the growing desire for convenience-driven consumption habits.
- Digital Transformation: The ubiquity of smartphones and the proliferation of mobile apps have played a pivotal role in propelling the hyperlocal market forward. Mobile applications and online platforms act as intermediaries connecting consumers with nearby businesses, facilitating seamless discovery, ordering, and access to local goods and services. This digital transformation has reshaped how people interact with their local communities.
- Hyper-Personalization: Leveraging data analytics and AI-driven technologies, hyperlocal businesses have embraced hyper-personalization. They curate tailored recommendations and exclusive offers for consumers based on their precise location and individual preferences. This level of personalization enhances customer engagement and fosters brand loyalty, as users appreciate the relevance of the offerings.
- Support for Local Businesses: Hyperlocal initiatives often emphasize their commitment to supporting local businesses. This resonates with consumers who want to contribute to the growth of their communities. Particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic, consumers have prioritized local economic recovery, making support for local enterprises a pivotal growth factor in the hyperlocal market.
- Logistics and Delivery Optimization: Ensuring efficient logistics and last-mile delivery solutions is paramount for the success of hyperlocal businesses, especially in sectors like e-commerce and food delivery. These companies invest in cutting-edge technology to optimize delivery routes, reduce operational costs, and guarantee timely service. Optimization efforts enhance customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Competition and Consolidation: The hyperlocal market is marked by intense competition, with numerous startups and established players vying for market share. This competitive landscape often leads to consolidation, mergers, and strategic partnerships as businesses seek to expand their geographical reach and diversify their service offerings. Such dynamics shape the industry’s evolution and competitiveness.
Hyperlocal Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2021, Albertsons has partnered with Instacart for a pickup pilot program, expanding its collaboration beyond delivery. This decision comes as Albertsons evaluates the extent to which it relies on outsourcing versus in-house management of its e-commerce operations.
- In 2021, Instacart is acquiring FoodStorm, a SaaS order management system specializing in order-ahead and catering for grocery retailers. This acquisition enhances Instacart’s capabilities in catering and expands its services within the grocery industry, offering more convenience and options to customers.
- In 2020, Delivery startup goPuff acquired BevMo for $350 million, expanding its reach to brick-and-mortar customers. Some BevMo stores will be integrated into goPuff’s fulfilment network while maintaining the in-store customer experience, enabling the promotion of delivery services to a wider audience.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 2.4 Trillion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 6.4 Trillion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 2.1 Trillion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Nature, Type and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Hyperlocal Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Hyperlocal Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Disruption in Supply Chains: The hyperlocal market experienced disruptions in supply chains due to lockdowns and restrictions, affecting the availability of goods and services from local businesses. Many were unable to operate at full capacity or had to temporarily close.
- Consumer Behaviour Shifts: Consumer behaviour shifted during the pandemic, with a notable increase in online shopping and food delivery. While some hyperlocal businesses adapted quickly, others faced challenges in adjusting to the changing demands and preferences of their customer base.
- Digitalization and Online Presence: Hyperlocal businesses have accelerated their digital transformation efforts by establishing or improving their online presence. This includes setting up e-commerce platforms, mobile apps, and websites for online ordering and delivery.
- Contactless Services: To address health and safety concerns, hyperlocal businesses have adopted contactless services. This includes contactless payments, curbside pickup, and no-contact deliveries to minimize physical interactions.
- Diversification of Services: Many hyperlocal businesses have diversified their offerings. For example, restaurants expanded their takeout and delivery menus, while local retailers introduced online shopping options and virtual consultations.
- Community Support Initiatives: Hyperlocal businesses have engaged in community support initiatives to strengthen customer loyalty and garner local support. These efforts include collaborations with local nonprofits, food donations, and special offers for essential workers.
- Operational Efficiency: Hyperlocal businesses are focused on enhancing operational efficiency. They are optimizing their supply chains, inventory management, and delivery logistics to reduce costs and improve profitability.
- Data Analytics and Customer Insights: Utilizing data analytics and customer insights, hyperlocal businesses can better understand customer preferences and adjust their strategies accordingly. Personalization and targeted marketing are becoming more prevalent.
The hyperlocal market is gradually recovering by embracing digitalization, adapting to changing consumer behaviours, and innovating to meet the evolving demands of the post-pandemic world. These strategies aim to ensure resilience and long-term sustainability in an environment that continues to experience fluctuations and uncertainties. In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Hyperlocal Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Hyperlocal Market:
- DoorDash Inc.
- Instacart Inc.
- Favor (H-E-B Grocery Company)
- Caviar (Square Inc.)
- Shipt (Target Corporation)
- Deliv (Rakuten Group)
The Hyperlocal Market is segmented as follows:
- Utility Services
- Goods Delivery
- Food Ordering
- Grocery Ordering
- Home Utility Service
- Logistic Service Providers
- Pet Food and Medicines
- Clothing and Accessories
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America