As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the global Out of Home Advertising Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 8.1% from 2023 to 2032. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 20.1 Billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 40.3 Billion.
Out of Home Advertising Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Digital Transformation and Innovation: The integration of digital technologies in out-of-home advertising, known as Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH), has been a significant growth factor. Digital screens, interactive displays, and dynamic content enable advertisers to create more engaging and targeted campaigns, attracting a broader audience.
- Urbanization and Population Mobility: The increasing urbanization and growth of metropolitan areas contribute to higher foot and vehicular traffic, creating prime opportunities for out-of-home advertising. Advertisers target urban centres and transit hubs to reach a large and diverse audience.
- Data-Driven Targeting: Advances in data analytics and audience measurement tools empower advertisers to analyse consumer behaviour, demographics, and preferences. This data-centric approach enables precise targeting, ensuring that ads are strategically displayed to the most relevant audience in specific locations and during optimal times.
- Programmatic Advertising Integration: The integration of programmatic advertising in the out-of-home space has streamlined the purchasing process. Advertisers can leverage automated systems to acquire ad space, dynamically optimize campaigns in real time, and enhance overall efficiency. This makes out-of-home advertising more appealing and accessible to a broader spectrum of businesses.
- Dynamic Content and Creativity: The capability to deliver dynamic and creative content in real time has introduced a new dimension to out-of-home advertising. Advertisers can customize messages based on factors like the time of day, weather conditions, or specific events, amplifying the relevance and impact of their campaigns.
- Globalization and Standardization: The out-of-home advertising industry has seen globalization trends, with standardized formats and practices emerging across different regions. This standardization simplifies the planning and execution of global advertising campaigns, allowing multinational brands to maintain a consistent message across diverse markets.
- Measurement and Analytics: The demand for better measurement and analytics tools has grown, enabling advertisers to assess the effectiveness of their out-of-home campaigns more accurately. Metrics such as foot traffic, dwell time, and audience demographics provide valuable insights, helping advertisers optimize their strategies for maximum impact.
- Integration of Location Intelligence: The incorporation of location intelligence technology has become pivotal in out-of-home advertising. Advertisers can leverage geospatial data to understand the physical context of their target audience, allowing for more strategic ad placements. This integration enhances the effectiveness of campaigns by aligning them with the unique characteristics of specific locations, ensuring a more impactful and contextually relevant message delivery.
Out of Home Advertising Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2022, Hivestack unveiled a programmatic digital out-of-home (DOOH) marketplace in Malaysia. The platform has secured agreements with GroupM in 14 countries globally and initiated a live campaign in December 2021 with Posterscope, a company owned by Dentsu. This expansion reflects Hivestack’s growing presence in the dynamic DOOH advertising landscape.
- In 2022, Google, the American multinational technology company, introduced digital out-of-home advertising within its Display & Video 360 ad planning tool. This allows users to buy screens in public locations like airports, stadiums, shopping centers, bus stops, elevators, and taxis, expanding advertising opportunities across diverse physical environments.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 20.1 Billion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 40.3 Billion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 18.5 Billion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Type, Purpose, End User and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Out of Home Advertising Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Out of Home Advertising Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Reduced Consumer Mobility: Lockdowns, travel restrictions, and social distancing measures during the pandemic led to a significant reduction in consumer mobility. With fewer people commuting and spending time in public spaces, the reach and effectiveness of out-of-home advertising were substantially diminished.
- Event Cancellations and Venue Closures: Many events, concerts, and public gatherings were cancelled or postponed due to the pandemic. This resulted in a decreased demand for out-of-home advertising, especially in areas surrounding event venues and popular entertainment locations.
- Economic Uncertainty and Budget Cuts: Businesses faced economic challenges during the pandemic, leading to budget constraints and a reduced willingness to invest in advertising. Many advertisers had to cut down on marketing expenditures, impacting the out-of-home advertising industry.
- Adaptation to Digital Formats: The adoption of digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising has accelerated post-COVID. Digital formats offer more flexibility, allowing advertisers to update content in real-time, respond to changing circumstances, and deliver dynamic and relevant messages to the audience.
- Emphasis on Localized and Hyperlocal Campaigns: Advertisers are focusing on localized and hyperlocal campaigns to target specific geographic areas where restrictions may vary. This strategy helps in reaching the local audience effectively and aligning with the changing dynamics of each region.
- Flexible and Dynamic Campaign Planning: Advertisers are now prioritizing flexibility in campaign planning to quickly adapt to evolving situations. Dynamic scheduling and content adjustments based on factors like real-time data, public sentiment, or health guidelines ensure that campaigns remain relevant and responsive.
- Technology Integration for Data-Driven Decision-Making: Increased reliance on data analytics and technology allows advertisers to make informed decisions. By analysing audience behaviour, demographics, and location data, advertisers can optimize campaigns for maximum impact and ensure efficient spending of advertising budgets.
- Emphasis on Health and Safety Messaging: Post-COVID, there is a heightened focus on health and safety messaging in out-of-home advertising. Advertisers are incorporating messages that reassure consumers about cleanliness, hygiene practices, and adherence to safety protocols.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Out of Home Advertising Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Out of Home Advertising Market:
- JCDecaux SA
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc.
- Outfront Media Inc.
- Lamar Advertising Company
- oOh!media Limited
- Ocean Outdoor Limited
- Adams Outdoor Advertising
- Fairway Outdoor Advertising
- Exterion Media
- APN Outdoor Group Limited
- Ströer SE & Co. KGaA
- CBS Outdoor (Now part of Outfront Media)
- Primesight (Now part of Global)
- Vector Media
The Out of Home Advertising Market is segmented as follows:
- Transit Advertising
- Street Furniture
- Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH)
- Brand Awareness
- Promotions and Sales
By End User
- Consumer Goods and Retail
- Automotive Industry
- Real Estate and Property Development
- Entertainment and Media
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Financial Services
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America