According to Custom Market Insights (CMI), the Global Surgical Sutures Market size was estimated at USD 9.3 billion in 2023 and is anticipated to reach around USD 14.5 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of roughly 5.4% between 2023 and 2030.
The increasing prevalence of sedentary lifestyles leading to a rise in lifestyle diseases is a significant factor driving the growth of the market.
Browse the full “Surgical Sutures Market Size, Trends and Insights By Product (Surgical Sutures, Mechanical Sutures), By Suture Material (Absorbable Sutures, Non-Absorbable Sutures), By Filament (Monofilament/Barb Sutures, Multifilament/Braided Sutures), By Raw Material (Natural Sutures, Silk Sutures, Catgut Sutures, Synthetic Sutures, Polyglactin 910 Sutures, Polyglecaprone 25 Sutures, Polydioxanone Sutures, Polyglycolic Acid Sutures, Nylon Sutures, Prolene Sutures, Stainless Steel Sutures, Others), By Coating (Coated Sutures, Non-Coated Sutures), By Application (General Surgery, Gynecology Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Others Applications), By End User (Hospitals, Specialized Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers), and By Region – Global Industry Overview, Statistical Data, Competitive Analysis, Share, Outlook, and Forecast 2023–2032” report at https://www.custommarketinsights.com/report/surgical-sutures-market/
The surgical sutures market is driven by various factors such as the growing demand for surgical procedures, technological advancements in surgical sutures, and an increase in the number of surgical procedures due to lifestyle changes. The rise in chronic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer is a major factor contributing to the market growth. This is because surgical procedures are often required as a treatment option for these conditions.
Another factor contributing to market growth is the increasing preference for minimally invasive surgeries. These surgeries require fewer sutures and are associated with fewer complications, resulting in a decreased need for surgical sutures. However, the rise in the use of alternative methods of wound closure, such as skin adhesives, tissue sealants, and hemostats, is expected to limit the growth of the surgical sutures market.
The market is highly competitive, with several companies competing locally and globally. Companies are implementing various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, and new product launches to expand their customer base and meet consumer demand. The rise in lifestyle diseases due to the increasing adoption of a sedentary lifestyle is another factor contributing to the market growth.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the surgical suture market, as restrictions on surgical procedures and reduced hospital resources have led to a significant decrease in non-COVID-19 surgeries. Many hospitals have closed departments due to staff shortages, and resources are being directed towards managing COVID-19 patients. Elective surgeries have been cancelled, and surgical teams are advised to wait for COVID-19 test results before proceeding with urgent surgeries. Additionally, procedures that generate aerosols increase the risk of healthcare workers acquiring infections from COVID-19 positive patients or those suspected of having the infection. These factors have resulted in a reduction in general surgical procedures, adversely affecting the surgical sutures market.
|Feature of the Report||Details|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 8.2 Billion|
|Projected Market Size in 2030||USD 14.5 Billion|
|Market Size in 2023||USD 9.3 Billion|
|CAGR Growth Rate||5.4% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Key Segment||By Product, Suture Material, Filament, Raw Material, Coating, Application, End User, and Region|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America|
|Buying Options||Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.|
Surgical Sutures Market Share Insights
- Increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures: Minimally invasive procedures require smaller incisions and typically involve less tissue disruption, resulting in reduced recovery time, less scarring, and decreased risk of infection. As a result, there is an increasing demand for sutures that are suitable for use in these procedures, such as absorbable sutures that dissolve over time.
- The growing use of advanced materials: Manufacturers are developing new sutures using advanced materials such as synthetic polymers and bioabsorbable materials that offer improved strength, flexibility, and resistance to infection. These materials also enable the development of more specialized sutures, such as those designed for use in cardiovascular or orthopedic surgeries.
- Increasing focus on infection prevention: Healthcare facilities are placing greater emphasis on preventing surgical site infections (SSIs), which can lead to significant morbidity and mortality. As a result, there is a growing demand for sutures that are coated with antimicrobial agents or have other properties that reduce the risk of infection. In addition, manufacturers are developing sutures with improved handling and knotting properties that reduce the risk of tissue trauma, which can also contribute to SSIs.
July 2022 – Dolphin Sutures released the most extensive line of antibacterial sutures in the world. Focusing on patient safety and giving surgeons trust in a wide range of clinical settings, the Research and Development team at Dolphin Sutures worked hard to make a wide range of antibacterial sutures.
August 2021 – Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon US, LLC stated in that the ProxiSureTM Suturing Device would be available in the U.S. The device is a high-tech laparoscopic suturing tool with Ethicon endomechanical, suture, and bent needle technologies.
Key Companies Profiled
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon)
- CP Medical
- Medtronic (Covidien)
- DemeTECH Corporation
- Teleflex Incorporated (Teleflex Medical OEM)
- Kono Seisakusho Co.,Ltd
- Mani Inc.
- Olimp- Surgical Sutures
- Lotus Surgicals
- Unisur Lifecare Pvt Ltd. (Universal Sutures)
- GMD Group
- Dynek Pvt Ltd.
- Advanced MedTech Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Corza Medical
- Dolphin Sutures
Key Market Segments Covered in Surgical Sutures Industry Research
- Surgical Sutures
- Mechanical Sutures
By Suture Material:
- Absorbable Sutures
- Non-Absorbable Sutures
- Monofilament/Barb Sutures
- Multifilament/Braided Sutures
By Raw Material:
- Natural Sutures
- Silk Sutures
- Catgut Sutures
- Synthetic Sutures
- Polyglactin 910 Sutures
- Polyglecaprone 25 Sutures
- Polydioxanone Sutures
- Polyglycolic Acid Sutures
- Nylon Sutures
- Prolene Sutures
- Stainless Steel Sutures
- Coated Sutures
- Non-Coated Sutures
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Others Applications
By End User:
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America