As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the US Running Shoe Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 3.4% from 2023 to 2032. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 9.8 Billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 13.1 Billion.
US Running Shoe Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Participation in Running Events: The popularity of marathons, running races, and fitness events across the US promotes the demand for specialized running shoes. Events like these create a surge in consumer interest, driving sales and fostering a sense of community engagement in the running culture.
- Innovation in Sustainability Practices: Running shoe manufacturers in the US are increasingly incorporating sustainable practices, such as using recycled materials and eco-friendly manufacturing processes. Brands aligning with environmentally conscious consumers contribute to market growth through sustainable and responsible initiatives.
- Fitness and Wellness Boom: The US Running Shoe Market is experiencing growth due to the widespread focus on fitness and wellness. The increasing adoption of running as a popular form of exercise contributes significantly to the demand for specialized athletic footwear.
- Technological Advancements: Continuous innovations in running shoe technology, such as responsive cushioning, lightweight materials, and biomechanical optimizations, drive consumer interest and contribute to market growth.
- Athleisure Trend: The rise of athleisure, where athletic wear is incorporated into everyday fashion, fuels demand for versatile running shoes that seamlessly transition between sports and casual wear.
- E-commerce Acceleration: The proliferation of e-commerce platforms provides consumers with convenient access to a wide range of running shoes, contributing to market growth through extensive product choices and online transactions.
- Health and Sustainability Focus: Increasing awareness of health benefits and environmental concerns boosts demand for sustainable and eco-friendly running shoes, with consumers prioritizing brands that align with their values.
- Influencer Marketing and Collaborations: Strategic partnerships with athletes, celebrities, and influencers, along with collaborations with popular brands, enhance market visibility and contribute to consumer engagement, influencing purchasing decisions in the competitive US Running Shoe Market.
US Running Shoe Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2022, Adidas unveils Velocade, a cutting-edge hybrid indoor cycling shoe offering both performance and versatility. Designed for indoor cycling, Velocade seamlessly transitions with a versatile design, ensuring off-bike walkability and a stylish aesthetic. This innovative footwear caters to the dynamic needs of cyclists, blending functionality with fashion.
- In 2021, Nike unveiled the ‘Go FlyEase,’ a hands-free sports shoe with no laces or fastenings, initially designed for ease of use by individuals with disabilities. The innovative design, now accessible to a broader audience, prioritizes convenience, allowing for effortless wear and removal.
- In 2020, Tremaine Emory collaborated with Converse, adapting the African American flag onto the Chuck 70 shoe canvas. The partnership aims to initiate discussions on the contemporary Black American experience, fostering awareness, and inspiring consumer demand for transformative change towards a more just future.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 9.8 Billion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 13.1 Billion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 9.2 Billion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Gender, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Price Point and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
US Running Shoe Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the US Running Shoe Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Supply Chain Disruptions: The pandemic led to disruptions in the global supply chain, affecting the production and availability of running shoes in the US Delays in manufacturing and shortages of raw materials impacted the market.
- Retail Closures and Reduced Foot Traffic: Lockdowns and restrictions resulted in the closure of retail outlets, impacting in-store sales. Reduced foot traffic and consumer reluctance to visit physical stores affected overall sales and distribution channels.
- Shift in Consumer Spending: Economic uncertainties during the pandemic prompted shifts in consumer spending, with a decline in demand for non-essential items, including athletic footwear like running shoes.
- E-commerce Surge: The rise of e-commerce saw a significant surge during the pandemic, and this trend continued during the recovery phase. E-commerce platforms became essential for reaching consumers, offering convenience, a wide product range, and contactless transactions.
- Home Fitness Trends: With the closure of gyms, the US saw a rise in home-based fitness activities. This trend increased the demand for running shoes as individuals embraced running and outdoor exercises, contributing to the market’s recovery.
- Innovations in Product Design: Running shoe manufacturers adapted to changing consumer preferences by introducing innovations such as antimicrobial materials, sustainable practices, and versatile designs suitable for both active and casual use.
- Marketing and Promotions: Strategic marketing campaigns, promotions, and discounts played a crucial role in stimulating consumer interest and boosting sales. Special offers and loyalty programs incentivized consumers to make purchases, aiding in the recovery of the running shoe market.
- Reopening of Physical Retail: The gradual reopening of physical retail stores allowed consumers to experience and try on running shoes before purchasing. Retailers implemented safety measures to instill confidence in consumers, contributing to the recovery of in-store sales and overall market stability.
- Athlete Endorsements and Influencer Collaborations: Brands leveraged athlete endorsements and collaborations with fitness influencers to regain consumer trust and influence purchasing decisions. Partnering with well-known figures in the running community helped rekindle interest and confidence in the US Running Shoe Market, aiding in the recovery from the pandemic’s impact.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the US Running Shoe Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the US Running Shoe Market:
- Nike Inc.
- Adidas AG
- New Balance Athletics, Inc.
- ASICS Corporation
- Puma SE
- Under Armour Inc.
- Brooks Sports Inc.
- Saucony, Inc.
- HOKA ONE ONE
- Skechers USA., Inc.
- Newton Running Company
- Mizuno Corporation
- Reebok International Ltd.
- Salomon S.A.
- Altra Running
The US Running Shoe Market is segmented as follows:
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
By Price Point
- Up to $60
- $60 to $120
- $120 to $200
- Above $200