According to Custom Market Insights (CMI), the U.S. Weight Loss Market size was estimated at USD 159.69 billion in 2023 and is anticipated to reach around USD 305.30 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of roughly 9.7% between 2023 and 2030.
The incidence of health problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer has significantly increased in developed economies in the past few years, which is a cause for alarm. This trend is expected to drive the growth of the weight loss market. To learn more about the key trends in the market, please consult CMI.
Browse the full “U.S. Weight Loss Market Size, Trends and Insights By Product Type (Dietary Supplements And Meal Replacements), By Product Form (Soft Gels, Tablets, Capsule, Powders, Gummies & Jellies, Premixes, Liquids, And Others), By Nature (Conventional And Clean Labelled), By Category (Prescribed And Over The Counter (OTC)), By End User Demography (Under 18 Years, 18 To 35 Years, 35 To 50 Years, And Above 50 Years), By Distribution Channel (Store Based And Non-Stored Based), and By Region – Industry Overview, Statistical Data, Competitive Analysis, Share, Outlook, and Forecast 2023–2032” report at https://www.custommarketinsights.com/report/us-weight-loss-market/
U.S. Weight Loss Market: Dynamics
The U.S. weight loss market is influenced by various dynamics that impact its growth and development. Some of the key dynamics include:
- Increasing Prevalence of Obesity: The rising prevalence of obesity is a significant factor driving the growth of the U.S. weight loss market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2018, over 42% of the U.S. population was classified as obese. This has led to an increased demand for weight loss products and services.
- Growing Health Awareness: With increasing health awareness, people are more conscious of their weight and are taking steps to manage it. This has led to an increased demand for weight loss products and services.
- Technological Advancements: The advancement in technology has led to the development of innovative weight loss products and services, which has contributed significantly to the growth of the market. For example, the use of wearable fitness devices and mobile apps for tracking weight loss progress has become increasingly popular.
- Government Initiatives: The government is taking various initiatives to promote healthy living and weight management. For example, the USDA’s Dietary Guidelines for Americans provides guidelines for healthy eating patterns, which can help in weight management.
- Economic Factors: Economic factors such as disposable income and unemployment rates can impact the demand for weight loss products and services. A stable economy with increasing disposable income can lead to increased spending on weight loss products and services.
These dynamics, along with others, play a significant role in shaping the growth and development of the U.S. weight loss market.
|Feature of the Report||Details|
|Market Size in 2023||USD 159.69 Billion|
|Projected Market Size in 2030||USD 305.30 Billion|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 135.7 Billion|
|CAGR Growth Rate||9.7% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Key Segment||By Product Type, Product Form, Nature, Category, End User Demography, Distribution Channel, and Region|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends|
|Regional Scope||North America|
|Buying Options||Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.|
U.S. Weight Loss Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the U.S. weight loss market. The pandemic and subsequent lockdowns forced the closure of gyms and fitness centers, limiting access to exercise equipment and fitness classes. This led to a decline in demand for fitness-related products and services, including weight loss programs.
Additionally, the pandemic led to a shift in consumer priorities, with many individuals focusing on purchasing essential goods rather than weight loss products. Economic uncertainty also played a role, as individuals facing financial constraints may have been less likely to invest in weight loss programs or supplements.
However, the pandemic also created opportunities for the weight loss market. With many individuals spending more time at home, there was a growing demand for at-home fitness equipment and virtual fitness classes. Some weight loss programs also pivoted to offering virtual consultations and coaching.
As the U.S. begins to emerge from the pandemic, the weight loss market is expected to rebound. There is likely to be increased demand for weight loss programs and products as individuals look to address weight gain that may have occurred during lockdowns. Additionally, the continued focus on health and wellness is expected to drive long-term growth in the weight loss market.
Some of the Prominent Players in the Market are:
- Herbalife International Inc.
- NutriSystem Inc.
- Weight Watchers International Inc.
- Brunswick Corp.
- Life Extension
- Ethicon US LLC: Ethicon Endo-surgery Inc.
- Apollo Endosurgery Inc.
- Kellogg Company
- Atkins Nutritionals Inc
- Jenny Craig Inc.
- Gold’s Gym International Inc.
- Nu Skin Enterprises
- Now Health Group Inc.
- Vitaco Health Limited
- Cargill Inc.
- Nutrisystem Inc.
- Amer Sports
- Johnson Health Tech
- GNC Holdings Inc.
The U.S., Weight Loss Market Market is segmented as follows:
By Product Type
- Dietary Supplements
- Meal Replacements
By Product Form
- Soft Gels
- Gummies & Jellies
- Clean Labelled
- By Category
- Over The Counter (OTC)
By End User Demography
- Under 18 Years,
- 18 To 35 Years,
- 35 To 50 Years,
- Above 50 Years
By Distribution Channel
- Store Based
- Non-Stored Based
- The U.S.