As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the Europe Running Shoe Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 3.4% from 2023 to 2032. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 13.7 Billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 18.5 Billion.
Europe Running Shoe Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Active Lifestyle Trends: The growing emphasis on health and fitness, coupled with an increasing preference for an active lifestyle, is a significant driver of the running shoe market in Europe. Consumers are incorporating running and fitness activities into their daily routines, boosting the demand for specialized athletic footwear.
- Innovations in Technology: Ongoing advancements in running shoe technology, such as responsive cushioning, lightweight materials, and biomechanical designs, contribute to enhanced performance, comfort, and injury prevention. Brands that continuously innovate in this regard attract consumers seeking cutting-edge features.
- E-commerce Expansion: The proliferation of e-commerce platforms has expanded the reach of running shoe manufacturers, providing consumers with convenient access to a wide range of products, comparison tools, and reviews. The ease of online shopping has significantly contributed to the market’s growth.
- Athleisure Fashion: The rise of athleisure, where athletic wear is incorporated into everyday fashion, has driven the demand for versatile running shoes that seamlessly transition from sports activities to casual wear. Consumers seek footwear that combines style with functionality.
- Sustainability Focus: Increasing environmental awareness has led to a rise in demand for sustainable and eco-friendly running shoes. Brands incorporating recycled materials, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, and sustainable sourcing practices are gaining popularity among environmentally conscious consumers.
- Promotional Campaigns and Endorsements: Strategic marketing campaigns, celebrity endorsements, and collaborations with athletes contribute to brand visibility and consumer trust. Partnerships with well-known figures and influencers help create a positive brand image, influencing purchasing decisions in the competitive European running shoe market.
- Health and Wellness Initiatives: The growing awareness of overall well-being and the importance of physical activity for mental health has led to an increased focus on health and wellness initiatives. Running shoes, as essential gear for various fitness activities, witness heightened demand as individuals prioritize a holistic approach to their health, contributing to the market’s growth in Europe.
Europe Running Shoe Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2021, Nike unveiled the ‘Go FlyEase,’ a hands-free sports shoe with no laces or fastenings, initially designed for ease of use by individuals with disabilities. The innovative design, now accessible to a broader audience, prioritizes convenience, allowing for effortless wear and removal.
- In 2021, Puma SE inaugurated its largest store in North India, situated in Gurgaon’s CyberHub. This digitally enabled experience store employs digital touchpoints to attract tech-savvy customers, catering to the rising trend of online purchases while offering an immersive in-person shopping experience.
- In 2020, Tremaine Emory collaborated with Converse, adapting the African American flag onto the Chuck 70 shoe canvas. The partnership aims to initiate discussions on the contemporary Black American experience, fostering awareness, and inspiring consumer demand for transformative change towards a more just future.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 13.7 Billion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 18.5 Billion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 13.1 Billion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Gender, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Price Point and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Europe Running Shoe Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Europe Running Shoe Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Supply Chain Disruptions: The pandemic led to disruptions in global supply chains, affecting the production and distribution of running shoes in Europe. Manufacturing delays and shortages of raw materials impacted the availability of certain models.
- Retail Closures and Reduced Foot Traffic: Lockdowns and restrictions resulted in the closure of retail outlets, impacting in-store sales. Reduced foot traffic and consumer reluctance to visit physical stores affected the overall sales and distribution channels for running shoes.
- Shift in Consumer Spending: Economic uncertainties during the pandemic prompted shifts in consumer spending priorities. Non-essential items, including athletic footwear, experienced a decline in demand as consumers focused on essential needs and savings.
- E-commerce Acceleration: The rise of e-commerce saw an acceleration during the pandemic, and this trend continued during the recovery phase. E-commerce platforms became vital for reaching consumers, offering convenience, a wide product range, and contactless transactions.
- Health and Fitness Emphasis: As the awareness of health and fitness grew during the pandemic, there was an increased focus on home-based workouts and outdoor activities like running. This trend boosted the demand for running shoes as individuals sought comfortable and performance-oriented footwear for their fitness routines.
- Innovations and Product Adaptations: Running shoe manufacturers adapted to changing consumer needs by introducing innovations such as antimicrobial materials, sustainable manufacturing practices, and versatile designs suitable for both active and casual use. These adaptations helped capture consumer interest and drive sales.
- Promotional Activities and Discounts: Brands implemented strategic marketing campaigns, promotions, and discounts to stimulate consumer interest and boost sales. Special offers and loyalty programs incentivized consumers to make purchases, aiding in the recovery of the running shoe market.
- Reopening of Physical Retail: The gradual reopening of physical retail stores allowed consumers to experience and try on running shoes before purchasing. Retailers implemented safety measures to instill confidence in consumers, contributing to the recovery of in-store sales and overall market stability.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Europe Running Shoe Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Europe Running Shoe Market:
- Nike Inc.
- Adidas AG
- ASICS Corporation
- Puma SE
- New Balance Athletics Inc.
- Salomon S.A.
- Brooks Sports Inc.
- Mizuno Corporation
- Under Armour Inc.
- Saucony Inc.
- HOKA ONE ONE
- Reebok International Ltd.
- Sketchers U.S.A. Inc.
- The North Face
- ON Running AG
The Europe Running Shoe Market is segmented as follows:
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
By Price Point
- Upto $60
- $60 to $120
- $120 to $200
- Above $200
- Rest of Europe