As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the global Mobile Core Network Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 8.2% from 2023 to 2032. In 2022, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 32.4 billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 48.3 billion.
Mobile Core Network Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Increasing Data Traffic: The surge in data consumption, driven by video streaming, IoT devices, and cloud-based applications, is a significant growth factor. Mobile core networks must handle this escalating data traffic efficiently, leading to investments in core network infrastructure.
- Network Virtualization and Cloud Native Solutions: Network virtualization and cloud-native architectures are becoming increasingly prevalent. They offer scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness, enabling operators to adapt quickly to changing network demands and reduce operational expenses.
- Security Concerns: As mobile networks become more interconnected and data-sensitive services like mobile banking and healthcare rely on them, security concerns grow. The mobile core network market is evolving to incorporate advanced security measures to protect against cyber threats and data breaches.
- Edge Computing Integration: The integration of edge computing within the mobile core network is gaining prominence. This allows for faster processing of data and reduced latency, which is crucial for applications like autonomous vehicles and augmented reality.
- Competition and Market Consolidation: Intense competition among telecom equipment vendors is driving innovation and driving the market’s dynamics. Additionally, mergers and acquisitions among key players are reshaping the mobile core network landscape, leading to greater consolidation and collaboration in the industry.
- 5G Rollout Driving Expansion: The mobile core network market is experiencing robust growth due to the global rollout of 5G networks. As 5G technology offers increased data speeds, lower latency, and support for a massive number of connected devices, telecom operators are upgrading their mobile core networks to accommodate these new capabilities.
- Network Slicing for Diverse Services: Network slicing is emerging as a key dynamic in the mobile core network market. It allows operators to create multiple virtual networks within a single physical infrastructure, each tailored to specific service requirements. This enables them to efficiently support a wide range of services, from ultra-reliable low-latency communications (URLLC) for critical applications to massive machine-type communications (mMTC) for IoT, contributing to revenue diversification and enhanced customer experiences.
Mobile Core Network Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- Cisco Systems and Acacia Communications: In 2021, Cisco Systems acquired Acacia Communications to enhance its optical networking capabilities, which are crucial for mobile core network infrastructure and data transport. Cisco’s ‘Internet for the Future’ strategy is focused on software, silicon, and optics as critical building blocks for introducing disruptive innovations across multiple domains.
- Ericsson and Cradlepoint: In 2020, Ericsson acquired Cradlepoint to bolster its enterprise offerings and edge computing capabilities, aligning with the growing trend of edge computing integration in mobile core networks. The investment is key to Ericsson’s ongoing strategy of capturing market share in the rapidly expanding 5G Enterprise space.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 33.9 Billion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 48.3 Billion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 32.4 Billion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By IMS Core, 4G/5G Packet Core Controller, 4G/5G Subscriber Data Management and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Mobile Core Network Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Mobile Core Network Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Delayed Network Infrastructure Projects: The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted supply chains and restricted on-site work, leading to delays in the deployment of 5G infrastructure and mobile core network upgrades. This hindered the market’s growth as operators faced challenges in completing planned projects.
- Shift in Traffic Patterns: With lockdowns and remote work becoming the norm, there was a shift in mobile network traffic patterns. While data usage surged in residential areas, it declined in commercial districts and event venues. Mobile operators had to adapt their network strategies to meet these changing demands.
- Accelerated 5G Deployment: To recover from the pandemic’s impact, operators expedited their 5G rollout plans, focusing on high-demand areas. They leveraged government incentives and public-private partnerships to accelerate infrastructure development.
- Network Optimization: Mobile operators invested in network optimization and automation to handle the changing traffic patterns efficiently. This included implementing AI-driven solutions to predict and manage network congestion in real time.
- Remote Work Enablement: Recognizing the long-term trend of remote work, mobile core network providers enhanced remote work capabilities. They offered solutions to ensure secure and reliable remote connectivity for businesses and individuals.
- Diversification of Revenue Streams: Operators sought to diversify their revenue streams by exploring partnerships for value-added services, such as IoT solutions, edge computing, and content delivery, to offset revenue losses from traditional sources like roaming and events.
- Enhanced Cybersecurity Measures: In response to heightened cybersecurity threats during the pandemic, mobile core network providers ramped up their cybersecurity efforts. They invested in advanced threat detection and response systems to protect critical network infrastructure and sensitive customer data, ensuring the security and resilience of their networks in the face of evolving cyber risks.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Mobile Core Network Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Mobile Core Network Market:
- Nokia Corporation
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- ZTE Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Mavenir Systems Inc.
- Affirmed Networks Inc
The Mobile Core Network Market is segmented as follows:
By IMS Core
- Session Border Controllers
- Voice Application Servers
- Call Session Control Function
By 4G/5G Packet Core Controller
By 4G/5G Subscriber Data Management
- Home Subscriber Server
- Unified Data Management
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America