As per the current market research conducted by the CMI Team, the Global Event Tourism Market size is expected to record a CAGR of 6.8% from 2023 to 2032. In 2023, the market size is projected to reach a valuation of USD 1,205,400.4 Billion. By 2032, the valuation is anticipated to reach USD 2,179,077.2 Billion.
Tourism Event Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
- Global Economic Trends: The growth of the event tourism market is closely tied to global economic trends. A robust and growing economy tends to increase disposable income, encouraging more people to spend on travel and leisure activities, including attending tourism events.
- Technological Advancements: The event tourism market has been significantly impacted by technological advancements. Digital platforms and social media play a crucial role in promoting and disseminating information about events, making it easier for potential attendees to discover and participate in tourism events globally.
- Cultural Exchange and Diversity: The increasing interest in cultural exchange and diversity has fueled the growth of tourism events. People are increasingly seeking unique and authentic experiences, leading to the popularity of events that showcase the cultural richness of different regions and communities.
- Sustainability and Responsible Tourism: The growing awareness of environmental issues and the importance of sustainable practices has influenced the event tourism market. Events that prioritize sustainability and responsible tourism practices are gaining traction, attracting environmentally conscious attendees and sponsors.
- Government Initiatives and Policies: Government support and policies can significantly impact the event tourism market. Positive initiatives, such as infrastructure development, visa facilitation, and promotional campaigns, can boost tourism and attract more visitors to events, contributing to market growth.
- Changing Consumer Behavior: Evolving consumer preferences and behaviors play a vital role in shaping the event tourism market. The demand for unique experiences, personalized travel itineraries, and a focus on well-being are driving factors that organizers need to consider in designing and promoting tourism events to meet the changing expectations of attendees.
- Global Health and Safety Considerations: The COVID-19 pandemic has brought unprecedented challenges to the event tourism market, emphasizing the importance of health and safety. Future growth in the market is influenced by how effectively organizers adapt to new health protocols, implement safety measures, and communicate these initiatives to potential attendees. Flexibility and innovation in event planning to accommodate changing health conditions will be crucial in maintaining and growing the tourism event market.
Event Tourism Market: Partnership and Acquisitions
- In 2022, Airbnb Experiences has launched off-the-grid experiences, emphasizing unique and adventurous activities in remote locations. This move aligns with the increasing demand for immersive travel, offering users the chance to explore distinctive and less-traveled destinations, enhancing their overall travel experience.
- In 2023, ITW UXP and Club Vistara joined forces in a partnership aimed at boosting the sports tourism business. The collaboration seeks to enhance accessibility, making travel for sports enthusiasts more convenient, and providing unique experiences and opportunities for fans to engage with their favorite sports events.
- In 2022, Gullivers Sports Travel, the Group Travel Specialist, unveils a one-year partnership with Waratahs Alumni, presenting four sports travel tours during the Rugby World Cup in France. The tours will feature notable figures Darren Coleman, Phil Waugh, Tony Dempsey, and Ian Kennedy, enhancing the rugby enthusiasts’ experience.
|Feature of the Report
|Market Size in 2023
|USD 1,205,400.4 Billion
|Projected Market Size in 2032
|USD 2,179,077.2 Billion
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 1,128,652.1 Billion
|CAGR Growth Rate
|By Type, Channel, Tourism Type, Target Audience, Revenue Source and Region
|Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America
|Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.
Event Tourism Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Tourism Event Market, with the industry experiencing both positive and negative effects. Here are some of the key impacts:
- Mass Cancellations and Postponements: The pandemic led to widespread cancellations and postponements of tourism events globally due to travel restrictions, lockdowns, and concerns about public health. This resulted in significant financial losses for event organizers, suppliers, and local economies dependent on tourism.
- Shift to Virtual Events: With restrictions on large gatherings and travel, the event tourism market witnessed a surge in virtual events. Organizers adapted by embracing online platforms to connect with audiences, providing a temporary solution to maintain engagement and continuity during the pandemic.
- Hybrid Event Models: The adoption of hybrid event models, combining in-person and virtual elements, allows for flexibility and broader reach. This approach caters to individuals who may still have concerns about attending physical events while providing a dynamic and immersive experience for both virtual and on-site participants.
- Enhanced Health and Safety Measures: Implementing robust health and safety protocols has become paramount for the recovery of the event tourism market. This includes measures such as temperature checks, sanitization stations, social distancing arrangements, and collaboration with local health authorities to ensure the safety of attendees.
- Collaboration and Industry Support: Collaboration within the tourism and event industry, as well as with relevant government bodies, is crucial for recovery. Shared best practices, financial support mechanisms, and coordinated efforts can help rebuild the confidence of stakeholders and attract attendees back to events.
- Strategic Marketing and Communication: Effective marketing and communication strategies are vital for encouraging attendance post-pandemic. Clear messaging on safety measures, highlighting the unique aspects of the event, and addressing any concerns potential attendees may have can help rebuild trust and interest in participating in tourism events.
- Diversification of Offerings: Event organizers are diversifying their offerings to appeal to a broader audience and mitigate risks associated with unforeseen challenges. This may include introducing new event formats, thematic variations, or incorporating elements that cater to changing consumer preferences and expectations.
In conclusion, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the Event Tourism Market, with some challenges and opportunities arising from the pandemic.
List of the prominent players in the Event Tourism Market:
- The Priceline Group
- Expedia Group
- Live Nation Entertainment
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Marriott International
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.
- MCI Group
- International Meeting Planners
- American Express Global Business Travel
- Informa PLC
- Reed Exhibitions
- Hosts Global
The Event Tourism Market is segmented as follows:
- Exhibitions and Conference
- Corporate Events & Meetings
- Music Concert
- Virtual Channel
- Physical Channel
By Tourism Type
By Target Audience
By Revenue Source
- Online Registration
- Off-line Registration
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America