According to Custom Market Insights (CMI), the Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market size was estimated at USD 148.9 billion in 2023 and is anticipated to reach around USD 192.4 billion by 2030, recording a CAGR of roughly 3.7% between 2023 and 2030.
Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) are popular due to their ability to serve food quickly, making them a preferred choice among consumers. This demand is further fueled by the increasing number of working professionals who seek the convenience and efficiency offered by QSRs. As a result, the market for QSRs is expected to continue growing.
Browse the full “Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market Size, Trends and Insights By Product Type (Burgers, Sandwiches, Pizza, Fried Chicken, Others), By Service Type (Dine-In, Takeout, Delivery, Drive-Thru), By Distribution Channel (Online Ordering Platforms, Mobile Applications, Direct-To-Consumer Sales), By End User (Millennials, Families, Working Professionals), and By Region – Industry Overview, Statistical Data, Competitive Analysis, Share, Outlook, and Forecast 2023–2032” report at https://www.custommarketinsights.com/report/europe-qsr-market/
Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market: Growth Factors and Dynamics
The Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market is expected to experience significant growth in the coming years. The growth can be attributed to several factors, including:
- Increasing demand for convenience: QSRs provide fast and convenient options for consumers who are short on time. With the growing number of working professionals and busy lifestyles, there is an increasing demand for quick and easy food options.
- Wide range of menu options: QSRs offer a wide range of menu options to cater to diverse consumer preferences. These options include burgers, sandwiches, pizza, fried chicken, and more. With an increasing focus on healthier and plant-based menu items, QSRs are also expanding their offerings to cater to changing consumer demands.
- Growing popularity of delivery services: Delivery services have become increasingly popular, with many QSRs partnering with delivery platforms to reach a wider audience. This trend has been further accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to a greater emphasis on contactless delivery options.
- Technological advancements: QSRs are leveraging technology to improve the ordering and delivery process, enhance customer experience, and increase efficiency. Mobile apps, self-service kiosks, and digital menu boards are some of the technological advancements that QSRs are adopting.
- Increasing investment and expansion: QSR chains are increasingly investing in expanding their operations in Europe. This includes expanding their number of outlets, introducing new menu items, and investing in technology and innovation to stay competitive.
|Feature of the Report||Details|
|Market Size in 2021||USD 148.9 Billion|
|Projected Market Size in 2030||USD 192.4 Billion|
|Market Size in 2022||USD 105.4 Billion|
|CAGR Growth Rate||3.7% CAGR (2022-2030)|
|Key Segment||By Product Type, Service Type, Distribution Channel, By End User, and Region|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Estimation and Forecast, Company Profile, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors and Recent Trends|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South & Central America|
|Buying Options||Request tailored purchasing options to fulfil your requirements for research.|
Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market: COVID-19 Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the Europe QSR Market. The restrictions and lockdowns imposed by governments to control the spread of the virus have affected the operations of QSRs, resulting in a decline in sales.
However, QSRs have been quick to adapt to the changing landscape and have implemented several measures to ensure customer safety and continue their operations. These measures include contactless ordering and delivery, increased cleaning and sanitization, and social distancing measures. Furthermore, the pandemic has accelerated the shift towards online ordering and delivery services. QSRs have responded by partnering with delivery platforms and investing in their own delivery infrastructure to meet the increasing demand for contactless delivery.
Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, the QSR industry has shown resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity. The industry is expected to continue growing, with QSRs focusing on technology and innovation to enhance the customer experience and cater to changing consumer demands.
Key Players in the Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market:
- McDonald’s Corporation
- Yum! Brands, Inc.
- Restaurant Brands International Inc.
- Domino’s Pizza, Inc.
- Subway Systems Europe B.V.
- Pizza Hut International, LLC
- Burger King Europe GmbH
- KFC Europe
- Nando’s Group Holdings Limited
- Greggs plc
The Europe Fast Food & Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Market is segmented as follows:
By Product Type:
- Fried Chicken
By Service Type:
- Dine-In, Takeout
By Distribution Channel:
- Online Ordering Platforms
- Mobile Applications
- Direct-To-Consumer Sales
By End User:
- Working Professionals
On the basis of Geography
- The UK
- Rest of Europe